Lecturer/Senior Lecturers in Computer Science
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 15 June 2019 (applications reviewed on rolling basis)
Commencement Date: August 1st 2019
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The University of Central Asia's School of Arts and Sciences is seeking faculty members for the Computer Science programme to teach at UCA’s campus in Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic. In your role as faculty member, you will be contributing to the development and implementation of a new Computer Science curriculum that has been designed in partnership with the University of Toronto in Canada.
Academic programmes combine the student-centered environment of a liberal arts college with the intellectual excitement of being at the frontiers of knowledge offered by a research university. The language of instruction for undergraduate studies is English, with a requirement that all undergraduate students be fluent in their native language and Russian. As a Faculty Member, you will be dedicated to teaching in small classes and providing each student with personal academic attention to ensure they master and apply the material. You will help students appreciate and develop an interdisciplinary approach to the fields of computer science, information technology, and entrepreneurship.
Lastly, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to continue their research and develop new research for UCA in Central Asia, actively creating pathways to engage students in the research programme. Applicants should thus demonstrate research excellence and a commitment to establishing a foundation of knowledge for students new to the field.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Masters in Computer Science or closely related discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of Russian is an asset
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a teaching team; flexibility and the ability to work in a constantly-evolving academic endeavour is essential;
- Experience in teaching in Central Asia would be a valuable asset;
- A demonstrated commitment to teaching and students;
- Experience using innovative teaching methods and evaluation methodologies.
- A proven ability to publish research in high quality journals
- Regular attendance and experience with presenting at international conferences
- Experience in conducting research in Central Asia would be a valuable asset
- Aware of current and future industry trends; strong network of industry contacts to support internship programs, project collaborations and industrial mentoring.
Salary and Package
Commensurate with qualification and experience to attract the best candidate.
The job description is subject to change.
How to Apply
Please send us an up-to-date resume including list of published work and teaching evaluations (if applicable). List of at least three references who may to attest to your teaching/research experience is also required. Kindly email resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. Please use: “Computer Science Faculty Member” as the subject header, indicate how you heard about us and whether you are interested in a visiting or full-time position.
For more information about UCA’s academic programmes please visit:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.