Salesforce Analyst, University Advancement
Salesforce Analyst - University Advancement-2012461
Carnegie Mellon is enjoying its most productive fundraising years in its history, raising more than $500M over the last three years. University Advancement (UA) supports the entire CMU community in securing the financial resources the university needs to continue its ascent. As the division grows, we are seeking a Salesforce Analyst with a real passion for higher education and who appreciate the role of philanthropy in enabling the university to accomplish its mission. We are looking for hardworking individuals with a real passion for their work and a dedication to the mission of CMU.
You will report to the Senior Director for advancement analytics and create reports and dashboards on the Salesforce platform to support front line work and improve decision-making. You will enable and improve the flow of information into and out of Salesforce, as well as improves the efficiency and utility of business processes in UA.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Creating reports, charts, and dashboards to support UA staff; Creating metadata reports to track system usage and guide support efforts; Helping to identify and resolve data integrity issues; Maintaining existing reports; Empowering end users to create their own reports; Supporting creation of custom report types and calculated fields; Supporting the flow of information to improve the efficiency of business processes and the quality of decision-making in UA; creating and supporting the use of report documentation.
- Cultivating, designing and maintaining collaborative relationships aimed at understanding the specific business needs of colleagues; Evaluating the effectiveness with which business needs are being met, and seeing opportunities for increased efficiencies through effective utilization of Salesforce software, workflows, notifications, alerts, and other tools.
- Keeping up-to-date with current technology; Maintaining proactive relationship with Salesforce and its user community. Interacting online and in person with developers and users from other institutions; Researching and reviewing relevant products, applications, and Salesforce apps.
- Attending project team and departmental meetings; Providing status reports to supervisor and colleagues; Sharing knowledge with teammates and other coworkers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within UA. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a dynamic population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to apply policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure consistent administration and compliance;
- Ability to perform most work independently;
- Ability to act as a project lead;
- Ability to work independently, set own priorities when working on multiple, concurrent tasks, work under stress, pay close attention to detail, maintain composure when dealing with difficult
- You should be able to travel both and be willing to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Specialization in business intelligence, data analysis, or related field preferred. Salesforce certification is welcome, but not required.
- 3-5 years as a report writer or analyst. Experience with Salesforce and Wave Analytics strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL preferred.
- Experience with Crystal Reports is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Able to share knowledge effectively and politely.
- Demonstrates well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to understand and follow complex directions and work in a cooperative group setting.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Organization: AIS (UNIV ADVANCEMENT)
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Budgeted Base Pay: Negotiable