Administrative Coordinator, Marketing, Student Services
Administrative Coordinator, Marketing and Student Services - Heinz College-2012491
The H. John Heinz III College consists of two schools, the School of Public Policy and Management and the School of Information Systems and Management, and offers an academic experience unlike any other. The Heinz College prepares students with a unique ability to conduct careful and objective analysis of relevant data, to understand and demonstrate the power of information technology, and to lead and implement change in managerial and policy contexts.
We are seeking a hands-on and innovative Administrative Coordinator in the Office of Student Services. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting, fast-paced and challenging work environment. In this role, you will provide comprehensive administrative support for the office as well as for senior staff and faculty to ensure the smooth operation of the facility and programs.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the receptionist for the following groups: Academic Services, Diversity and Inclusion, Marketing and Communications, and Student Activities;
- Providing administrative support for Marketing and Communications;
- Processing expense reports and travel reimbursements;
- Assisting with marketing and communications purchases, collaborating with the University Procurement Services Office and the Accounts Payable Office to ensure that payments for work are made in a timely manner to protect important vendor relationships;
- Assisting with college events to include delivering and assembling marketing banners and other materials, as well as assisting with room reservations; and
- Providing back-up administrative support for Academic Services, Diversity and Inclusion, and Student Activities including:
- Assisting with lunch-time events for students and faculty,
- Assisting with other college events (e.g., security, alcohol monitor, outside vendors, and catering), and
- Serving as secondary point of contact for student activities committee members.
- Adaptability, excellence, and a real passion for our work are vital qualities within our office and inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, you must possess the skills necessary to effectively interact with a varied and dynamic population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity, professionalism, and poise.
You should demonstrate:
- A high level of organizational, reasoning, and problem solving skills;
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with all levels of the campus community and external audiences including high level corporate and government leaders;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A high degree of computer proficiency (Windows, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint); and
- The skills, aptitude and temperament to allow you to:
- work effectively under pressure,
- produce high-quality, error-free work,
- handle multiple tasks,
- prioritize work,
- meet inflexible deadlines, and
- deal with demanding individuals with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
- Minimum three years of office experience, including working experience in purchasing, event planning/logistics, and/or general administrative assistance required.
- Experience at providing executive level administrative support and/or experience providing administrative support for a program or to executives in higher education preferred.
- Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Department URL: https://www.heinz.cmu.edu/
Job Function: Office / Administrative Support
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Organization: HEINZ GENERAL & ADMINISTRATIVE
Minimum Education Level: High School/GED
Budgeted Base Pay: negotiable