Lead Qualifying Specialist
1 day left
- Full Time
Location: Manchester St James's
Closing date: 21/05/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Commercial - Student Management Centre - Customer Services
This is an outbound telephone role in which you will respond to students’ queries and direct them to the appropriate department who will then further meet their needs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Making outbound and receiving inbound calls with the goal of increasing business, customer satisfaction, and customer retention.
- Answers customer questions and directs them to the appropriate department to further meet their needs. Encourages customers to provide further information to determine when and where calls need be routed for purposes of additional information or escalated issues.
- Answers and fields routine questions about the department and/or organization and provides callers with basic, non-sensitive information. This includes promptly identifying and directing escalated problems or issues to management to ensure customer satisfaction with problem resolution.
- Interfaces with other departments within the organization, navigates company's customer information systems and displays a fundamental knowledge of company, services and products to research and respond to customer inquiries.
- May follow basic procedures and scripts.
- May log and track incoming and outgoing telephone calls, as well as, report call volume data to management following established departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
General Responsibilities and Accountabilities for all Team Members
- To adhere to BPP Equal Opportunities policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at work Acct (1974) and relevant EC directives
- To work in accordance with the Data Protection Act and to ensure that all new systems are reported to your Data Protection Controller
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
- Adhere to internal Ethics policy
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR ROLE
This is a busy and demanding position requiring a proactive and positive approach towards providing a service exceeding customer expectation.
You must have proven ability in the following areas:
- Ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above.
- Ability to make a high volume of outbound phone calls, search the database or resources tools for correct and timely information, and maintain a professional demeanour all times.
- Ability to acquire and utilize a sound knowledge of the company’s customer information systems, as well as fundamental knowledge of company, services and products, as described above.
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to customer inquiries via the live chat program.
- Ability to navigate through several web applications simultaneously
- Competency using Microsoft Office applications
- Profiling and probing end-user customer for possible sales opportunities.
- Familiarity with basic use of voicemail and electronic mail systems.
- Excellent organizational skill to display the ability to provide timely, accurate information on a variety of academically oriented subject, as described above.
- Ability to successfully multi task
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive and helpful attitude with customers
- A team player with a commitment to providing the highest level of customer service
- Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment.
- Must be able to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an environment with constant interruptions.
- Have excellent oral and written English language skills
- Previous outbound experience
- Experience of working in a targeted environment
- Experience of CRM databases