PhD and MPhil Scholarship Opportunity in the Faculty of Health
Degree: PhD and Master of Philosophy
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Funding for: International and Domestic Students
Stipend: AU$27,596 pa for up to 3 years; tax exempt and indexed annually
Study Mode: Full Time
Applications Close: 30 September 2019, 11:59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time
Commencement: Successful applicants must commence study by 31 July 2020
QUT’s Faculty of Health and Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation offer scholarships to complete a PhD or Master of Philosophy in an interdisciplinary environment with access to world-class researchers and cutting-edge facilities. Technology, innovation and commercialisation are integrated into the program.
Successful Faculty of Health scholarship applicants will receive a:
- Living stipend valued at AU$27,596pa (in 2019) for 3 years (PhD)/1.5 years (MPhil); tax exempt and indexed annually
- PhD applicants meeting criteria for academic excellence are eligible for an additional top-up scholarship valued at AU$5,000pa; 3 years duration
- Tuition fees offset or sponsorship
- Single Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Research support allowance of AU$4,500 (PhD)/AU$2,250 (MPhil)
- Opportunity to apply for Grant-in-Aid travel funding up to AU$2,000
Scholarship opportunities are available across 7 schools and 3 research themes:
Faculty of Health Schools
- School of Biomedical Sciences
- School of Clinical Sciences
- School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Optometry and Vision Science
- School of Psychology and Counselling
- School of Public Health and Social Work
IHBI Research Themes
- Health determinants and health systems
- Injury prevention and trauma management
- Chronic disease and ageing
For more information about our research programs, visit https://www.qut.edu.au/study/international-courses/doctor-of-philosophy/doctor-of-philosophy-health.
Scholarship information, eligibility criteria and application process
Please read the following:
- Annual Research Scholarship Round Guidelines**
- Australian Government Research Training Program
- QUT Postgraduate Research Awards
**The current guidelines refer to the 2019 Annual Scholarship Round. These will be updated for the 2020 Annual Scholarship Round soon, but in the meantime please refer to these guidelines for eligibility and assessment criteria.
Visit How to apply for details on the application process including English language requirements, admission eligibility, writing your research proposal and supporting documentation. International applicants from these countries must apply via a QUT representative agent.
We recommend that you contact prospective supervisors to discuss your research proposal before applying, but you may apply if you do not yet have a supervisor for your project.
If you have any questions about the eligibility criteria or application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.