Senior Student Administration Officer
- Continuing and Fixed Term Opportunities (12 months)
- Located at Darlington/ Camperdown Campus
- Remuneration package HEO6, $84,334 plus generous superannuation and leave loading
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Student Administration Team Leader, the Senior Student Administration Officer manages the general administrative support, enquiry and processing related functions of the team. This includes overseeing as well as taking a hands-on approach to creating and preparing documents, records and web materials, responding and investigating queries, assessing and processing a variety of applications applying relevant rules and guidelines, and sourcing solutions related to effective, timely and compliant student administration. The Senior Student Administration Officer reviews procedures for best practice and document work instructions.
As Senior Student Administration Officer you will have the opportunity to provide guidance, support and training to more junior administrative staff, utilising their extensive administrative experience and judgement, helping to analyse matters and provide advice on policy and procedures for the delivery of work outcomes.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Student Administration Officer who:
- Manages the delivery of daily activities and services that form part of the teams’ work, including process and tool management, compliance reporting, communications, knowledge management and process performance and improvement.
- Reviews processes regularly with relevant stakeholders, makes recommendations to improve these where necessary, implements approved modifications and streamlines processes where possible.
- Ensures databases, extracts and regular reports issued are aligned with business needs and established procedures to include comprehensive records of new and/or amended agreements.
- Initiates, and develops professional, productive and positive relationships with faculty administrative staff, academics and other internal stakeholders to enable effective negotiation, process improvement and issues resolution in the management of courses and unit of study related matters.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Registrar) Portfolio is responsible for the development, organisation and management of personnel, processes, policies and technologies to support and document each student's relationship with the University from first awareness and enquiries , through recruitment , admission, enrolment , academic advising, assessment, record keeping and graduation. It oversees student recruitment and induction, orientation, leadership training and mentoring; the management of student support services including student counselling , careers, disability services , accommodation advice and welfare; facilitates cocurricular activities that are planned, organised and managed by students; and liaison with student organisations and the residential colleges.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australias first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 938/0519CF to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, 22 May 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.