Academic Services Officer/Academic Services Assistant, UWA Medical School
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
UWA Medical School
- Various roles based across the Harry Perkins, QEII Medical Centre and Royal Perth Hospital
- Level 4-5, full-time or part-time appointments with fixed term and ongoing appointments available
- Salary range (Level 4): $64,000 to $68,053 plus superannuation
- Salary range (Level 5): $69,067 to $76,671 plus superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the School
UWA’s Medical School brings together the brightest students, experienced clinicians and committed researchers to unlock the greatest health challenges of our day. Celebrating 60 years in 2018, the Medical School is an infinite source of teaching and learning for individuals who share our goal of delivering better health outcomes today and into the future.
About the team
The Academic Services team is responsible for providing academic administration and support services to a wide range of clients including Heads of School, academic staff and research students across the Faculty. The team is committed to providing a quality outcome with a focus on continuous improvement.
About the opportunities
- Level 4, full-time appointment on a permanent/ongoing basis
- Level 4, part-time (0.5 FTE) appointment on a permanent/ongoing basis
- Level 4, full-time appointment on a fixed-term basis until December 2020
- Level 5, part-time (0.6) appointment on a fixed-term basis until December 2020
As an Academic Services Officer/Academic Services Assistant you will, under limited direction of the Academic Services Team Leader, provide a high level of administrative support to the office and take a responsible role in the establishment, maintenance and improvement of the office systems and policies and procedures to ensure its efficient operation You will need to be organised, work well independently and be proactive in ensuring effective prioritisation of workloads.
Closing date: Sunday, 26 May 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).