Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Reconcile receipts with purchase requisitions.
- Maintain stock level in work area.
- Process orders from requisitions, identify chargeable accounts and effect stock rotation.
- Recommend recoder quantities or times for stock items.
- Transport and deliver stock utilizing two four wheel carts or pallet trucks.
- Issue stock items such as hardware, glassware, laboratory supplies, food and chemicals. Identify stock using codes and item numbers.
- Package for shipment all types of stock and equipment.
- Assist in reconciling stock shortages and inventory.
- Clean, assemble, dissemble and distribute equipment and stock items. Inspect items for damage and completeness.
- Record items received, dispensed or returned and perform item counts.
- Clean assigned area of work and equipment.
- A resume is required to be considered for this position. Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
- High school diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities such as, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching, etc.
Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities such as, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching, etc.
Saturdays/Sundays and ALL Holidays from 7:00am-5:00pm (0.5FTE) Day-Shift
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the AFSCME union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.