- Operate carpet and upholstery cleaning equipment
- Operate mechanical cleaning and floor scrubbing equipment
- Strip and wax all floor surfaces
- Maintain entrance areas by performing such duties as sweeping, salting, leaf blowing and shoveling/blowing snow as required
- Clean grounds by performing such duties as picking up paper or trash around buildings
- Unplug commodes, urinals and sink drains without dismantling fixtures
- Wet mop floors and stairwells
- Operate vacuum cleaning equipment
- Clean and wax all furniture, cases, fixtures and furnishings
- Clean mirrors, interior side of exterior glass, both sides of interior glass and exterior entrance glass
- Clean toilet rooms and fixtures
- Stock restroom supplies
- Dust venetian blinds and ceiling fixtures
- Spot wash walls to remove splash marks, fingerprints and marks
- Collect and transport waste materials to designated areas
- Wet mop the areas of the floor or stairs to clean up such items as spilled liquid or food
- Obtain stock and maintain inventory of supplies in accordance with specific instructions
- Open or lock buildings or rooms
- Turn on and off lights and equipment
- Occasionally ascends/descends ladders to service lights
- Move and arrange furniture or furnishing
- Clean assigned area of work and equipment
- Routinely move items weighing up to 50 lbs; must demonstrate communication skills; must be able to follow instructions.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Monday through Friday - 3:30 PM - 12:00 AM
Department: Facilities - MarkleyHourly Rate of Pay: $16.77 - $17.32
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the AFSCME union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.