Student Life Skills
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time 12-Month
DEPARTMENT: 890123 - Athletics - Student Life Skills
LOCATION: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
CATEGORIES: Support Staff
Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee community engagement initiatives including partnerships, execution, and tracking community service hours;
- Manage the Student Athlete Welfare and Development (SAWD) social media websites, including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook;
- Assist with the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC);
- Assist with the coordination and execution of professional development events (Mock Interviews, Networking Events, Resume Workshops, etc.);
- Assist with the coordination and execution of personal development programming, including Athletic Identity, Dining Etiquette, Personal Finance, etc.);
- Serve as a facilitator for the Mississippi State Athletics Leadership Institute;
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of all SAWD programming/events;
- Administer and collect evaluations and surveys to all student-athletes;
- Assist with the collection and analysis of key data;
- Assist in the creation of the SAWD Annual Summary;
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization.
Experience either as a student-athlete or working with student-athletes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, facilitation, and organizational skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Demonstrates sensitivity;
- Experience working with populations that reflect cultural, academic, socioeconomic, and ethnic diversity;
- Must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Must be a person of integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and institutional rules;
- Ability to work long and irregular hours;
- Ability to travel.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Frequent interruptions based on changing priorities; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
- Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
Instructions for Applying:
Attach a cover letter and Resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.