Department: School of Information (0481)
Location: Main Campus
Note: This is a reposting with new Review Start date. If you previously applied for this position your application is under consideration and it is not necessary to reapply.
The School of Information (SI) is seeking multiple Adjunct Instructors (part-time, non-tenure eligible, non-benefits eligible) for the Fall 2019 semester. SI is in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences serving roughly 1000 students across three undergraduate and three graduate degrees in Information Science.
We are seeking applicants who can provide quality undergraduate and graduate teaching for an assigned course(s) for the Fall 2019 semester. SI seeks individuals who are able to work with diverse students and have experience with a variety of teaching methods.
NOTE: The teaching schedule will be dependent upon class assignment; assignment may be classroom-based, virtual or some combination thereof, depending on need and instructor preference.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Instruct graduate and undergraduate students in field of expertise.
- Plan lectures and assignments.
- Grade assigned papers and exams.
- Assess grades for students based upon performance in class, assignments and exams.
- Teach in the programs we offer – BA in Information Science and eSociety, BA/BS in Information Technology, Science and Arts, MA in Library and Information Science and MS in Information.
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field
- Professional experience to teach in the programs we offer
Tenure Information: Adjunct (NTE)
FLSA : Exempt
FTE: .20 to .40
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 8-16
Benefits Eligible: No
Posted Rate of Pay: DOE
Job Category: Faculty
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)