Research Technician, Department of Surgery
Perform a variety of technical duties involved in conducting standardized tests, experiments and determinations in support of research oriented activities at Duke University.
- Perform a variety of technical duties involved in conducting physical, chemical or biological tests, experiments and determinations to obtain data in support of research oriented activities; compile and document procedures and results.
- Set up instruments, material and apparatus and operate standard laboratory equipment required for specific tests.
- Operate various electronic devices in the collection, tabulation and calculation of data.
- Obtain, prepare, mount and stain tissue, blood and other substances for microscopic examinations.
- Prepare culture media, chemicals, reagents and solutions.
- Assist in the development of new research procedures and techniques.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of materials, supplies and equipment for performance of duties; clean and maintain standard laboratory equipment.
- Review work of lower level laboratory personnel and assist in the training of new personnel.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Family Level 06
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an Associate's degree in botany, biology, zoology, psychology or other science related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE