Research Associate, Department of Psychology
Research Associate I, Department of Psychology-2011255
Dr. Anna Fisher's lab in the Department of Psychology is seeking to hire a Research Associate. In this position you will recruit and test children. In addition, you will perform other activities to facilitate our research, such as obtaining and maintaining IRB approval for studies with human participants and helping to prepare data for analyses.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment of participants and collection of behavioral and eye tracking data from children;
- Preparation of data for analyses;
- Helping program and implement new studies;
- Supervising undergraduate students involved in the research in the lab; and
- Administrative duties related to the proposed research (such as maintaining Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval of the research in the lab, purchasing supplies, and maintaining data records).
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain all background clearances as may be required.
- B.S. or B.A. in psychology, cognitive science, or related field required
- At least 1-3 years experience with data collection/analysis and research methodology in a research laboratory required
- Experience working with children
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Strong oral/written communication, problem-solving, reasoning, organization, planning and analytical skills required
- Technical & design skills (website design, Photoshop)
- Experience with eye tracking research
- Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Research
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Budgeted Base Pay: $15 - $17 per hour