With minimal supervision, plans, reviews, and supervises the accounting procedures and reporting (in one of three functional areas) of a large organization which has a complex accounting system.
- This position reports directly to the University Accounting Manager
- Indirectly supervises 1 Staff Accountant
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Sr Coordinator/Sr Analyst A
- $65,000 - $70,000
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus three to five years’ experience or combination of education and experience which demonstrates the necessary skills and abilities needed to perform the job
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Working experience either as an auditor of or accountant for a large non-profit organization
Preferred Education and Experience
- Professional certification
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.