Head of Curriculum and Progression
It’s been an unbelievable journey for our Durham University International Study Centre. In just a short space of time, working collaboratively with this fantastic University, the team have created a large fully functioning centre, achieving fantastic progression, whilst implementing a unique and engaging student experience. The excitement and energy surrounding this centre are still alive, and this exciting opportunity is a key role that will drive the centre into its next stage of development, which includes moving into a brand new purpose built building.
Head of Curriculum and Progression will provide the leadership and vision to deliver excellent student outcomes, quality assurance and enhancement, and curriculum innovation that embeds outstanding collaborative working with both the University and the network.
You will be responsible for leading and supporting a large team of academic staff. Reporting to the Centre Director, you will work closely with senior colleagues within and outside the Centre and be accountable for the delivery of contractually required progression rates to the University. Critically the successful candidate will need to carefully balance the requirements of the Centre alongside the need for compliance, consistency and collaboration with the University and Study Group as a whole.
- Articulate and implement a clear vision to drive forward continuous improvement and enable the Centre to achieve aspirational targets for student outcomes
- Communicate and implement a clear vision for the development of the academic relationship with the host university, including appropriate articulation routes that maximise opportunities for recruitment to the Centre
- Articulate and implement a clear vision for the development of programme pathways to meet the overall strategic aims of the Centre.
- Provide effective and efficient academic management and coordination of staff resources across the all-relevant teams in the Centre
- Taking overall responsibility for academic standards, the quality of learning opportunities, and the accuracy of published information and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Centre.
- Deliver the curriculum effectively and efficiently.
- You will be experienced in providing successful leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment.
- You’ll have previous experience managing a multi-discipline Curriculum.
- You should have gained experience in working with external partners and both national and international stakeholders.
- You’ll have extensive people management experience in a Further Education or Higher Education environment.
- A Master’s Degree is essential, with a PhD being highly desirable.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.