This role is in a central team delivering world class datasets of Higher Education and research institutions and their key reporting metrics. The collection and analysis of this data is a key component in the production of our World University Rankings and in producing other complementary rankings and benchmarking tools, a strategic imperative for the company. This crucial role has been created to ensure that specific products are designed and delivered to time and quality assured and to support a growing Data Science team. This is an exciting opportunity to grow an already well established brand working in a dynamic and well-funded digital education business.
- Responsible for the leading the scoping and development of a range of new and existing rankings through from concept to publication
- Consulting with data providers and auditors to design datasets and feed into the development of products and services.
- Research and development of new analyses for derivative products, additional rankings and data products.
- Working closely with the World University Rankings editorial and THE product development teams to roll out these new analyses and features for new products and services.
- Speaking at events, master classes and conferences to explain and promote rankings and data products to our clients and a wider HE audience..
- Writing code to calculate rankings and related outputs from various input sources.
- Designing and producing visualisations and other presentations of the data to provide insight to the THE editorial team and other customers.
- Ensuring the quality, validity and applicability of the data collected for the rankings and the final product.
- Working with the team to identifying and rollout process improvements as well as supporting and mentoring the team
- Keeping abreast of current education trends, practices, developments and regulatory changes, which may impact the way data are presented, entered or interpreted.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in querying and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Experience of SQL and Python
- Good statistical skills
- Experience of data collection and management of substantial datasets, and of data visualisation.
- Experience of leading data science projects
- Ability to communicate with institutions with credibility at all levels and comfortable with public speaking.
- Logical thinking and problem solving ability, innovative at creating solutions.
- Process driven with meticulous attention to detail and experience of designing and implementing best practice processes
- Strong drive, self-motivated. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Clear understanding of business goals and global data strategy, and customers’ requirements.
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships and work closely with data processors from different departments with the ability to build relationships across wide range of personalities, abilities and cultures.
- Working to deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
- Knowledge of the Higher Education sector or directory publishing sector would be beneficial.