Lectureship in Politics and International Studies
Lectureships in Politics and International Studies
Faculty of Arts and Social Science (FASS)
£33,199 - £48,677 depending on qualifications and experience
Permanent – Full Time x 2 Posts
Based in Milton Keynes
Change your career, change lives
The Open University is the UK’s largest university, a world leader in flexible part-time education combining a mission to widen access to higher education with research excellence, transforming lives through education.
We are seeking to appoint two Lecturers to contribute to the development of Politics and International Studies at the Open University.
Candidates for these two posts will have, or will be working towards, a PhD (or equivalent) in Politics and International Studies or a related subject. You will possess, or will be working towards, a record of excellence in research in the broad study of Politics and International Studies and in any of its subfields, and have appropriate REF- quality publications. Candidates will be able to make a significant contribution to a interdisciplinary culture in research and teaching, have an established or developing Higher Education teaching record, and demonstrate a commitment to collaborative curriculum development across the broad range of Politics and International Studies.
Skills and experience
- A PhD in Politics or International Studies, or a closely related field (or a doctorate shortly to be awarded).
- An established or developing record of excellence in research and publication in Politics or International Studies, including REF-quality publications and plans for income generation and research impact.
- A record of, or demonstrated potential for, excellent teaching in Higher Education.
- Evidence of an ability to work collaboratively and with versatility as part of a team.
- A commitment to interdisciplinary working.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A commitment to equal opportunities policies and practices.
- A commitment to Open University values.
What you get in return
Benefits include 33 (or 30) days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays and Christmas closure days and an attractive pension proposition.
How to apply
To apply, please complete a short application form and include your CV together with a covering letter, no more than 2 sides of A4, detailing how you meet the person specification, and email to Resourcing-Hub@open.ac.uk quoting the vacancy reference number 16066.
For detailed information about how to apply go to www.open.ac.uk/employment or email Resourcing-Hub@open.ac.uk
Closing date: noon on 11th June 2019
Interview Date - TBC
The full summary of duties and person specification can be found within the further particulars here http://www.open.ac.uk/about/employment/sites/www.open.ac.uk.about.employment/files/Further%20Particulars_16066_0.pdf
We promote diversity in employment and welcome applications from all sections of the community