Postdoctoral Researcher in Behavioral Neuroscience of Chewing
Karolinska Institutet, NVS
The Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society (NVS) conducts world leading research in aging, dementia, epidemiology and care sciences. This research extends from basic molecular and cell levels to clinical research and societal studies. NVS educates almost a third of KI students at basic and advanced levels. The Department has approximately 450 employees and a revenue 2018 of 490 million SEK. It comprises seven divisions, located at Campus Flemingsberg and Campus Solna.
At the Division of Clinical Geriatrics, we conduct research and education. The research is multi-faceted and is in close collaboration with institutions and clinics worldwide.
This postdoctoral position aims to improve the treatment of patients with eating disorders and for patients after dental rehabilitation. The research group aims to attract a Post-Doctoral research scientist in eating behavior. You will research the link between chewing and the brain, translating the finding into improved treatments for disorders of eating, including patients with anorexia, serious overweight and after oral rehabilitation. You will work on projects linking eating behavior with brain function (Södersten, www.Mandometer.se and Trulsson, https://ki.se/people/mattru).
- Planning and execution of studies on the relationship among the brain and eating behavior, in particular chewing and its relation to health.
- Identify, analyze and draw conclusions based on findings of scientific studies in the field of behavioral neuroscience.
- Analyzing, preparing and presenting results in peer-reviewed journals and at conferences.
- Educate Bachelor, Master and PhD students in the philosophical background of science, appropriate statistical methodologies and data interpretation.
- Collaborate in interdisciplinary research that combines behavioral and physiological approaches to understand eating disorders in young and old individuals.
Qualified to be employed as a postdoctor is one who has obtained a doctorate or has equivalent scientific competence.
- PhD in Nutrition, Neuroscience or a related field with a focus on eating behavior.
- Supervision of students at the Bachelor, Master and (if applicable) PhD level.
- Experience in initiating experiments on eating behavior.
- Proficiency in statistical computing program R, univariate and multivariate statistical tools for analysis and interpretation of data.
- Proficiency in Excel and Visual Basic, including Database Management System interaction.
- Experience of setting up comprehensive data-bases.
- Knowledge of the neuroscience of eating, including its evolutionary biology.
- Experience of scientific publication, presentation and peer review.
- Excellent at writing and reading English.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
An employment application must contain the following documents in English or Swedish:
- A complete curriculum vitae, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world’s leading medical universities.
Its vision is to significantly contribute to the improvement of human health. Karolinska Institutet accounts for the single largest share of all academic medical research conducted in Sweden and offers the country’s broadest range of education in medicine and health sciences.
The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet selects the Nobel laureates in Physiology or Medicine.
Pursuant to the regulations of the Swedish National Archives, applications are kept on file for two years after the appointment has gained legal force. The regulations do not apply to attachments that have been printed or otherwise published.
Karolinska Institutet strives to provide a workplace that has approximately the same number of women and men, is free of discrimination and offers equal opportunity to everyone.
For temp agencies and recruiters, and to salespersons: We politely, yet firmly, decline direct contact with temp agencies and recruiters, as well as those selling additional job announcements.
Type of employment Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type Full time
Number of positions 1
Working hours 100%
County Stockholms län
Reference number 2-2869/2019
Per Södersten, Per.Sodersten@ki.se
Eric Westman, Head of Division, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mona Hellstadius, HR supervisor, email@example.com
Carina Eklund, OFR, 08-585 826 65
Henry Wölling, SEKO, 08-524 840 80
Biborka Bereczky Veress, SACO, 46 70-173 85 75
Last application date 03.Jun.2019 11:59 PM CET