Client Support Assistant
Rural Clinical School - Albury Campus
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW and north-eastern Victoria.
Predominantly funded by the Federal Government, the Faculty’s Rural Clinical School focuses on teaching excellence, social equality and research initiatives supporting local rural health outcomes. Committed local rural doctors with a passion for teaching and community deliver high quality clinical educational experiences for medical students and our Regional Training Hubs lead the way in developing vocational training opportunities and pathways in rural areas for graduating medical students, Junior Medical Officers and Interns. Strongly supporting equality and diversity, we have since 2000, been dedicated to and had great success in training the next generation of rural and Indigenous doctors with a doctrine promoting rural medical workforce planning and retention strategies.
Major teaching campuses located in Albury-Wodonga, Coffs Harbour, Griffith, Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga, sub campuses in Grafton and Kempsey, and an extensive network of clinical placement sites in smaller rural towns across NSW and north-eastern Victoria, exemplifies the School’s rural character and develops student appreciation of primary health care and interprofessional collaboration in rural communities.
About the role
- Based at Albury campus
- $66, 816 - $70, 483 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Continuing, Full-Time position
The Client Support Assistant provides friendly and efficient frontline customer service to staff, students and visitors. The position holder will perform a range of administrative tasks and support services exercising discretion, initiative and confidentiality.
Please refer to the attached job description for full details on the role.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent level of knowledge and competence gained through another combination of education, training and experience
- Proven ability to work in a high-volume, process driven administrative environment with multiple tasks and competing deadlines, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and professional customer service
- A performance-oriented approach with strong time-management and organisational skills and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Proven initiative and problem-solving skills experience working on confidential and sensitive matters and the ability to exercise discretion and tact when required
- Well-developed interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate and interact with all levels of staff, students, management and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of contributing positively to team dynamics, building professional working relationships and supporting management decisions and strategic direction
- Sound computer literacy with excellent skills in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook, and an ability to learn and gain competence in UNSW systems-based applications in a timely manner
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and a commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Your application should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description. To view the PD, please turn off your ‘pop-up’ blocker.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact officer listed.
Diana Potocnik - Campus Services Coordinator
Ph: 02 6042 1319
Applications close: 11pm, 27th May 2019
Find out more about working at UNSW at: https://rcs.med.unsw.edu.au
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity