Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Office of Vice-Chancellor's Office
Salary: $91,913 - $99,495 (UOM 7)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
- 3 year full-time fixed term opportunity
Led by the Provost, Chancellery (Academic) supports achievement of the vision and objectives for learning and teaching, and academic performance contained in Growing Esteem 2015-2020. The Academic portfolio sits alongside other divisions (Research, International, Strategy & Culture, Administration & Finance) within Chancellery, and is responsible for setting and overseeing:
- The Melbourne student experience;
- The University's commitment to student equity and diversity;
- The quality of learning and teaching through educational innovation and standards;
- The continuous development and improvement of the Melbourne Curriculum:
- Melbourne's Digital Learning Strategy; and
- Academic performance, development, promotion, reward and recognition.
About the Role
The University’s Academic team is seeking a Project Officer to support the delivery of several key projects on a full-time basis for three years.
In this role, you will report to the Director, Students and Equity and will be tasked with supporting the management of key projects across the Chancellery (Academic) portfolio to ensure they are running efficiently and effectively. The incumbent will also provide governance support by undertaking administrative support for key project working groups through the production of reports, minutes and agendas.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of project management in a complex higher education or public policy setting.
- Demonstrated high-level writing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to manage large data sets to deliver quality information effectively to client groups with varied requirements.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, synthesis broad data and analyse at a detailed level to provide a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- High-level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills and the ability to effectively plan, prioritise and manage projects and activities.
- Advanced skills in Excel.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Advertised: 13 May 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 03 Jun 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time