Senior Policy Analyst
Full-time / Part-time (0.8 – 1.0 FTE) fixed term position available for 12 months
- Salary Packaging options available
- Flexible work – Part time or Full time position available
- Onsite parking + close to public transport
Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health (Orygen) is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people. For further information please visit https://www.orygen.org.au/About/About-Us
At Orygen, our leadership and staff work to deliver cutting-edge research, policy development, innovative clinical services, and evidence-based training and education to ensure that there is continuous improvement in the treatments and care provided to young people experiencing mental ill-health.
The Senior Policy Analyst is responsible for the development of well-constructed analytic policy reports and papers for organisational use to obtain optimal exposure for key issues associated with youth mental health and the need for early intervention.
This role will work with a wide range of key stakeholders (both internal and external to the organisation) to develop youth mental health policy papers, prepare documents and reports on the analysis of key youth mental health issues and policies, and provide authoritative policy advice to senior staff and government on issues related to youth health, wellbeing and mental health in Victoria, nationally and on occasion internationally.
Reporting to the Principal Policy Adviser, the Senior Policy Analyst will work with colleagues within the Policy team, within Strategy and Development and across the organisation to ensure the achievement of policy targets as per the agreed work plan.
The Senior Policy Analyst will be responsible for a number of activities and deliverables:
- Lead policy development, research and analysis for use by Orygen to obtain optimal exposure for key issues associated with youth mental health and the need for early intervention.
- Undertake independent analysis of research evidence and data to prepare, or contribute to, a range of high quality and well written policy documents.
- Develop policy recommendations for reports and briefings.
- Identify and establish relationships with key stakeholders and lead consultation and collaboration processes in the development of evidence informed policy-focused documents and advice.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a supporting statement that addresses all the key selection criteria. Applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Senior Policy Analyst.
For further information about the role, including Position Description, and Key Selection Criteria, please visit the Orygen website at https://www.orygen.org.au/About/Work-with-Us/Senior-Policy-Analyst-(5)
Alternatively, please contact David Baker at email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Friday, 31 May 2019
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.