Community Engagement Officer
CQUniversity is committed to the improvement of employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The aim of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment and Career Development Strategy is to address the under-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across all CQUniversity campuses. The filling of this position is intended to constitute an equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld). This position is therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
- Fixed-Term (until 31 Dec 2019), Full-Time
- School of Education and the Arts
- CQUniversity Townsville
- Total Salary $67,668 to $76,118 pa (plus superannuation and 12.96% leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
CQUniversity Australia has been on a phenomenal trajectory in recent years and its remarkable growth in student numbers, new courses, new campuses, infrastructure and reputation has seen it emerge as one of Australia’s truly great universities for everyone.
CQUniversity aims to widen participation in higher education from low-socio economic, regional and remote, and Indigenous students by partnering with primary and high schools to deliver programs that raise aspirations towards higher education, facilitate access into university, and provide support for first year undergraduate students.
This initiative will contribute towards the participation targets set by the Federal Government that by 2020, 20 per cent of higher education enrolments at undergraduate level should be people from low SES backgrounds.
As CQUniversity’s Community Engagement Officer, you will develop and implement project initiatives that are crucial to building and enhancing the confidence and skills of Indigenous people to help them achieve their tertiary education aspirations and goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and societies, and the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving abilities with demonstrated use of initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and experience in dealing with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Sunday 26 May 2019.
When submitting your application, please include the following:
Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria.
Use alphabetic or numeric characters only in your application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”