Strategic Services Associate Perioperative ERAS
Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital seeks to hire a Strategic Services Associate - Enhanced Recovery After Surgery - who will support clinical care coordination for ERAS patients through all stages of the perioperative continuum of care. and embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
This position reports to our ACNO Perioperative Services and collaborates in the oversight of the program through development and leadership of performance improvement activities in the operational and clinical best practices. Primary focus includes but is not limited to, internal and external quality measure reporting and/or abstraction. The role works in collaboration with the physician champions, and leadership to develop, implement and monitor ERAS protocols, subsequent committee work, data analysis and reporting.
Contribute to the achievement of the DUHS mission through the development and leadership of performance improvement activities in the operational and/or clinical arenas. Assure continual compliance with regulations and accreditation standards through monitoring activities and the design and implementation of strategies to enhance compliance.
- Championing customer needs by working in conjunction with physician champions in anesthesia and surgery to design, develop, and implement ERAS protocols across multiple surgical conditions (eg. Colo-rectal; urology, GYN oncology, general surgery).
- Work with physicians and IT team to build order sets to ensure standard orders and processes of care for patients.
- Serve as education resource for the ERAS initiatives including for physicians, nursing staff, care team and patients.
- Driving for results by coordinate performance efforts related to ERAS initiatives, data design, collection, analysis, display and reporting, sharing data in multi-disciplinary meetings and to various medical staff and leadership meetings. Monitor, collect and review data for patients following an ERAS protocol.
- Other essential duties such as performs other projects, duties or assignments as requested (e.g., participates in external surveys, regulatory inspections, unscheduled visits, monitoring, auditing).
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Plan activities aimed at improving the hospital's performance in operations or clinical quality.
- Identify opportunities for improved performance. Analyze data to identify adverse trends and/or undesirable performance.
- Utilize performance improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Serve as a project manager for interdisciplinary teams.
- Establish performance targets.
- Design and implement strategies for enhancing performance.
- Evaluate effectiveness of improvement strategy through sustained monitoring of performance.
- Contribute to the establishment of performance improvement priorities for departments, functional units and for the organization as a whole.
- Support organization's efforts to maintain compliance with regulations and accreditation standards. Monitor compliance through formal and informal processes. Recognize opportunities for improving compliance.
- Design and implement strategies for enhancing compliance.
- Evaluate effectiveness of improvement strategy through sustained monitoring of performance. Increase organizational understanding of performance improvement methodologies and principles and compliance through the support of and participation in formal and informal professional development activities.
- Serve as an expert resource on performance improvement and compliance as it relates to organizational role.
- Produce reports and presentations on performance improvement and compliance.
- Develop, maintains and enhances knowledge through orientation, self- evaluation and professional development.
- Responsibilities may include varying levels of strategic planning and human and fiscal resource management.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Duke University Hospital is comprised of three surgical sites; Duke Hospital ,which is a 24-hour, 7 day a week, Level 1 Trauma Center with 35 Operating Rooms connected to the Duke Medicine Pavilion (DMP) with 18 operating rooms. Additionally, we have an Ambulatory Surgery Center with 9 operating rooms and Eye Center with 6 operating rooms. We facilitate a streamlined approach to serving patients within the continuum of surgical care while maintaining high standards of excellence. By becoming part of the Duke Surgical Services team, you will have opportunities to participate in national and international research, education, and cutting edge technologies.
- General Surgery
- Otolaryngology Head & Neck (ENT)
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Forgiveness!
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Family Level G2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelors degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
Minimum of 5 years work experience, including 3 years of experience with significant responsibility for performance/ process improvement. Experience leading work teams required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications