Salary Grade/Minimum Salary:
13/ Minimum: 34,400
The University Television Center provides a range of production capabilities to the university community, from concept to completion of high-end broadcast products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for videography, script writing, non-linear video editing, and narration of scripts.
2. Responsible for researching, writing, producing, and scheduling educational program material for internal and external audiences.
3. Serves as a production crew member for large-scale university projects.
4. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Communication with emphasis in graphic design, videography, journalism or a related field.
Experience (yrs.): One
Professional experience in video production that includes writing, videography, editing with non-linear video editing systems and producing.
At least four years' experience in planning and producing video and audio programs and segments, including demonstrated skills in script writing, videography, audio recording, and video and audio editing. Ability to narrate effectively and serve as on-air talent for radio and television.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong writing skills appropriate for educational video production.
• Demonstrated ability to pre-plan a field production, work independently to operate video editing systems, use voice to communicate effectively, work well with diverse clientele, colleagues and the general public.
• Ability to demonstrate creativity in production planning, script writing, videography, non-linear video editing, and audio production.
• Ability to use correct and effective English language.
• Understanding of current and evolving media technologies.
• Ability to use video and audio editing software.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Work may involve working in off-campus locations, indoor and outdoor, across the state of Mississippi
• Must be able to travel independently, and be able to carry and use video production equipment including camera, tripod and light kit.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and include cover letter, resume, demo reel, and two letters of recommendation.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.