Counselor, Boots to Business Revenue Readiness, Division of Business Research
POSITION TYPE: Part-Time 12-Month
DEPARTMENT: 042000 - Division of Business Research
LOCATION: Main Campus - Starkville, MS
Salary Grade/Salary Minimum:
Area of Specialization:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructs the depth and scope of class materials as outlined in the syllabus; relates instructions to personal entrepreneurial or business experience.
- Counsels and advises B2B RR program participants on specific needs. Provides prompt and encouraging feedback to participants.
- Implements evaluation for outcomes assessments.
- Maintains records and files of clients.
- Identifies needs and available resources.
- Consults with a variety of outside agencies to assist clients with obtaining objectives.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
1 year experience working as a business counselor, advisor and/or instructor
- Familiarity with the Small Business Administration resource partners and the Department of Defense Transition Assistance Program (TAP).
- Knowledge of entrepreneurial and venture capital concepts.
- Experience with small business and small business programs.
- Direct experience owning and operating a business.
- Experience and familiarity with I-Corp program or Lean Launchpad teaching methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires limited lifting of files and records and work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility. Position may have limited travel.
- Frequent external imposed deadlines; set and revised beyond one's control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position.
- Job frequently requires walking, witting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Flexible time online: Classes are as early as 7:00 am Central or as late as 7:30 pm.
This position is contingent upon the availability of funding.
Instructions for Applying:
Apply online and submit a professional application along with a cover letter, resume, and the names and addresses of 3 professional references, including telephone numbers and email addresses.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.