Research Program Coordinator
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering is seeking a Research Program Coordinator to oversee program coordination, communication and reporting for a dynamic research lab with numerous externally-funded research projects. This person will support the activities of the Advanced Mammalian Biomanufacturing Innovation Center (AMBIC). This position primarily reports to the Center Director, however some functions will be supervised by the Sr. Administrative Manager
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Center Director, Center Administrator, and Industry partners to help meet targets and milestones, including progress reports to funding agencies
- Serve a critical role as liaison and facilitate meetings between industry partners, center members, and JHU PI’s
- Complete and maintain professional documentation for projects and deliverables, develop RFP’s as needed
- Collaborate with Center Director, faculty, and staff at Johns Hopkins and other study sites to support project planning
- Execute project management processes and methodologies to ensure high-quality projects are delivered on-time
- Communication with current members and recruitment of new members
- Manage social media accounts
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the Center
- Create and maintain MS PowerPoint slides of research methods and findings for public presentations
- Ensure the projects are completed within the budget (including sub-contracts)
- Collaborate with financial staff in the review, processing and reconciling of invoices and reimbursements
- Assist in the preparation of existing grant reports and new grant applications
- Use professional judgement in handling information and be sensitive to project team, individual and all levels of organizational concerns
- Draft and prepare annual and quarterly reports and work plans
- Lead communication activities among staff and industry partners
- Organize meetings and conferences
- Attend all regular training/team meetings with Center Director and other team members
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Some related experience
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula
Starting Salary Range: $16.10 to $22.12 per hour
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30-5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10001486-Dept of Chemical and Biomolecular Engrg
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information