Post Doctoral Fellow, Heath Engineering Innovation Center
Organization Name Heath Engineering Innovation Center
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To do research works in the area of bio-signal and medical image processing for cardiovascular diseases in the UAE with a funded research center Healthcare Engineering and Innovation Center (HEIC) and electrophysiology lab at Khalifa University and external clinical collaborators to perform the specific scientific procedures that allows Biomedical Engineering Faculty members, students and external clinical collaborators to perform research experiments and analyze the collected data for the funded projects.
- Daily Research performance, meeting and reporting
- Finalize the Ethics/IRB applications for approval for collecting human subjects.
- Attend hospitals/Clinics for collecting experimental data.
- Reconfiguring the wearable sensors to be able to capture heart rate, accelerometer and temperature data.
- Developing interface app of the mobile phone to capture Biomedical signals
- Processing and Validation of cardiac MRI images with CVD clinical symptoms
- Participates in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team, participates in problem exploration, and definition, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments or studies, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance to all established policies and procedures;
- Regularly meets with the Advisor to apprise the Advisor of the research results, for the development and troubleshooting of techniques, to provide direction and focus to the research, to air concerns and conflicts, and to express mutual expectations;
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team as required;
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the Advisor.
- Mentor graduate students and/or undergraduates under the supervision of the Advisor
- PhD Degree in or equivalent in Electrical/Biomedical/Computer Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution, preferably, from pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
- Preferred in the area of signal & image processing with machine learning modelling
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?