Research Associate, Biomedical Engineering
Organization Name Biomedical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To do research works in the area of biosignal and modelling for fetal cerebrovascular and cardiovascular anomalies with a funded research project. The electrophysiology lab of Bioemdical Engineering department at Khalifa University and external clinical collaborators to perform the specific scientific procedures that allows Biomedical Engineering Faculty members, students and external clinical collaborators to perform research experiments and analyze the collected data for the funded projects. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary, multinational team of engineering and clinical experts, state-of-the-art biomedical and electrical engineering laboratories, and a unique access to local hospitals. In addressing the research challenge of early diagnosis of foetal abnormality, this candidate is expected to carry out specifics research duties to develop new efficient, reliable and robust algorithmic solutions based on integration of foetal Doppler ultrasound and abdominal ECG signal information in the UAE for the first time.
- Finalize the Ethics applications for approval from Al Ain District Ethics Committee and Mafraq Hospital.
- Develop abdominal ECG, fetal MRI and Doppler ultrasound database on the web.
- Expert scoring of fMRI images and pulse Doppler images.
- Develop signal processing algorithms to analyse abdominal and foetal ECG signals and their features in relation to abnormalities.
- Participates in scientific research as a professionally responsible member of the research team, participates in problem exploration, and definition, planning of the approach and sequence of steps, execution of experiments or studies, interpretation of findings, documentation and reporting of results and progress, maintenance of research records and compliance to all established policies and procedures;
- Regularly meets with the Advisor to apprise the Advisor of the research results, for the development and troubleshooting of techniques, to provide direction and focus to the research, to air concerns and conflicts, and to express mutual expectations;
- Publishes research results in high impact journals appropriate to the field in a timely manner, may present findings at meetings;
- Contributes to the overall activities of the research team as required;
- Mentors graduate students and/or undergraduates under the supervision of the Advisor;
Master or equivalent in Electrical/Biomedical/Computer Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution, preferably, from pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
Experience in area of signal & image processing with machine learning modelling
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?
Apply for Research Associate, Biomedical Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly