Research Engineer, Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
To validate performance and ensure upkeep of advanced instrumentation (primarily, but not limited to, a UHPLC-qToF and flow cytometer).
- Liquid chromatography
- Mass spectrometry
- Flow cytometry
- Water chemistry analyses (such as BOD, COD, TIC-TOC, pH, TDS, conductivity, DO etc.)
- Ion chromatography
MSc (or equivalent) in a subject related to biological sciences, microbiology, biochemistry, microbial ecology, biotechnology, environmental sciences. Relevant programs in analytical chemistry may also be considered.
- Using UHPLC, tandem mass spectrometry and LC-MS/MS systems (added advantage for use of ABSciex instruments and SWATH acquisition).
- Running proteomics/metabolomics experiments and associated data analysis.
- Previous exposure to environmental microbiology applications of flow cytometry
- Previous exposure to microbiology in oilfields.
- Modelling microbial populations in R.
- Core flooding experiments.
- Pore space fluidics experiments.
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)?