LEO Intermittent Lecturer, EDT 462, 562
How to Apply
Please upload an application letter explaining your qualifications and your approach to teaching, a current curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation. Applicants will be selected based upon demonstrated subject matter expertise and ability to complete the duties and responsibilities of course instruction.
Work-Title: Leo Lecturer Intermittent College of Education, Health, & Human Services FLSA: Exempt The University of Michigan-Dearborn (UM-Dearborn) is one of the three campuses of the University of Michigan. UM-Dearborn is a comprehensive university offering high quality undergraduate, graduate, professional and continuing education to residents of southeastern Michigan and attracts more than 9,000 students. Faculty and students have the opportunity to collaborate across all three campuses in research and scholarly activity. UM-Dearborn is located ten miles west of Detroit and thirty-five miles east of Ann Arbor. The campus is strategically located on 200 suburban acres of the original Henry Ford Estate in the Greater Detroit Metropolitan region.
- The College of Education, Health and Human Services (CEHHS) is seeking applications for a lecturer position in the Department of Education for the Fall 2019 semester.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for leading the class, EDT 462/562: Instructional Technology Internship and supervising the internships. EDT 462/562 is a supervised field experience in which students work as an instructional technology intern for 135 clock hours.
- Internship students are placed in organizations and opportunities that align with their career goals and specific interests within the field of instructional technology.
- Regardless of placement, the internship is designed to provide students with real-world experiences in the development and implementation of learning activities, management of technology resources, and improving competence with various technologies.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for conducting all instructional duties of this course and supervising students in their internship placements, including teaching, development of assignments, grading, holding office hours for student support, and maintaining a course page through the Canvas Learning Management System.
- The position requires that the candidate have a doctoral degree in instructional technology/related field or several years of related experience beyond a master’s degree.
- Candidates must have experience teaching educational or instructional technology courses or relevant experience providing training and support in this area.
- Candidates should also have extensive knowledge of instructional design and a broad range of current technologies used for instructional and educational purposes.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multi-cultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.Currently this classification is considered exempt in compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The terms and conditions of employment for this position are subject to the provisions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the University of Michigan and the Lecturers Employee Organization (LEO).
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.