Adjunct Lecturer, Civil, Architectural Engineering, Mechanics
Department Civil Arch Engr and Mechanics (2308)
Location: Main Campus
The Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering and Mechanics invites qualified applicants to apply for an adjunct faculty position. Our current need is for an adjunct lecturer to teach the course CE 251 – Elementary Surveying. The number of hours necessary will vary based on the number of sections taught in any given semester. This class teaches the theory of measurements and errors, vertical and horizontal control methods,topographic, public and land construction surveys and use of surveying instruments.
There will be scheduled instructor office hours for students to obtain help with the material.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Duties and responsibilities include teaching the course, maintaining office hours, supervising the lab sessions and undergrad lab assistant activities, preparing and giving homework and exams, answering questions, grading assignments. The course syllabus will be provided by the department head.
- Instructor must be accessible by students in office hours weekly.
- Instructor will be responsible for preparing and delivering all lectures and development and grading of homework, projects and examinations;
- Instructor is responsible for entering grades into the UA online system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in discipline of instruction, OR
- Master’s degree in the discipline of instruction or a relevant field, plus: Significant previous practical experience (e.g., executive in a large company, top executive in a small company, or business owner); OR
- Eighteen (18) units of graduate coursework in engineering or a related field; OR
- Any equivalent combination of other master’s degrees, graduate-level education, teaching experience, and/or practical experience that will bring value to the students’ learning experience as determined by the faculty members on the search committee at the time of hire; OR
- Tested Experience to include: professional certifications and achievement in engineering, or a related field, directly relevant to the subjects taught (e.g. PMP for someone teaching a project management course); OR
- Five or more years of relevant work experience (e.g. in private sector) in engineering or a related field; OR
- Current doctoral student with departmental recommendation.
- 6 or more years of surveying field experience.
- Experience teaching at the university level.
- Prefer a registered Land Surveyor or have the ability to obtain registration before November 2019
Tenure Information: Adjunct (NTE)
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 8
Benefits Eligible: No
Posted Rate of Pay: DOE
Job Category: Non-Faculty Academic and Instructional
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
More searches like this
- Temporary Architecture Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Arizona
- Temporary Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Arizona
- Temporary Arts & Humanities Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Arizona
- Temporary Civil Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Arizona