Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Quantitative Linguistics
Job: Faculty Position in Quantitative Linguistics,
National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan
The Graduate Institute of Linguistics and the Department of Computer Science at National Chengchi University invite applications for a faculty position (rank open) in Quantitative Linguistics, provisionally starting on February 1, 2020.
We are looking for a motivated faculty member with a specialty in quantitative linguistics or a related discipline, who will contribute to our international research profile and provide cutting-edge teaching to students in a cross-disciplinary environment. The new appointee will be based at the Graduate Institute of Linguistics at National Chengchi University, with a joint appointment at the Department of Computer Science. They are expected to begin employment on February 1, 2020.
National Chengchi University is a large public research university in Taipei, Taiwan R.O.C. National Chengchi University ranked among the top universities in Taiwan for linguistics.
Salaries are based on official salary scales and will be commensurate to rank and experience. The appointee will have access to Taiwan’s comprehensive health insurance system and civil servants retirement package, and might be eligible to a relocation allowance.
- PhD degree in linguistics, quantitative linguistics, or a related discipline. Candidates must have a PhD degree completed before the start date of the appointment
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative linguistics or a related field concerned with the mathematical analysis of linguistic data
- Ability to develop and teach graduate level courses, including foundational courses in quantitative linguistics
- Ability to teach general courses related to one’s specialty at an undergraduate and graduate level in an interdisciplinary context, including courses on the relationship between linguistics and mathematics and linguistics and technology
- Ability to supervise graduate students and participate in administrative tasks
- Ability to teach and conduct competitive interdisciplinary research in a national and international context
- Demonstrated ability to apply for competitive research funding
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, or a commitment to learn the language
Applicants of all nationalities are encouraged to apply. National Chengchi University commits itself to offering equal employment opportunities to all applicants, independent of their social background, age, race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.
Please submit an application package consisting of the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of diploma and/or proof of previous academic employment.
- Graduate transcripts
- Copy of PhD dissertation
- Copy of two to three representative publications from the last five years
- A sample of course syllabus
- Have two referees send a letter of recommendation directly to email@example.com
For official documents in a language other than English or Chinese, a certified translation in English must be provided. Before finalizing any appointment, original copies of academic documents must be provided for inspection.
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received no later than August 31, 2019
For further information regarding this application, please contact Ms. Huiling Tzeng at +886-2-2939-3091 ext. 67246 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Apply for Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Quantitative Linguistics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Taiwan
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Taiwan
- Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Taiwan
- Permanent Arts & Humanities Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Taiwan