Material Support Supervisor
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 4/5 (Technical)
Salary package: $63,301 – $76,611 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Fixed term (18 months)
ANU has an international reputation for research and education relevant to the health and well-being of the population of Australia, as well as that of the developing world. This is achieved through discovery research, applied research in health service settings, research-led teaching in health and medical sciences, and the translation of research findings into practice and policy. The ANU College of Health and Medicine comprises of the Research School of Psychology, the ANU Medical School, the John Curtin School of Medical Research and the Research School of Population Health. These schools work together to deliver world-class research and education across the spectrum of medicine and health-related fields, working in partnership with the health sector at local, national and international levels.
This position will work with the Material Support Coordinator and another Material Support Supervisor to ensure the quality provisions and management of equipment for use in the School’s animal facility are maintained. Working with a team of 8-10 staff on a daily basis the role will involve oversight of the day to day operations and workflow, communication with colleagues, training and quality control supervision.
For further information please contact Katherine Campbell:
Closing date: 24 May 2019
Position description: Area Supervisor - Material Support
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
- Vaccinations may be required to meet the expectations of this role.
- Tasks to be undertaken are of a physical and repetitive nature. A pre-employment medical may be required.
- Participation in a weekend and public holiday roster may be required.
- This position is not suitable for individuals with existing allergic conditions.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country