Patient Care Assistant
Job Summary BRIGHTON CENTER FOR SPECIALTY CARE
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
WHY JOIN THE MICHIGAN MEDICINE OR TEAM?
As a Patient Care Assistant (PCA) with Michigan Medicine’s PACU (Post Anesthesia Care Unit) Department, you will use a variety of clinical and clerical skills. We’ll work with you to support operational functions in the PACU/PreOp/Short Stay areas at the Brighton Center for Specialty Care. Our Brighton PACU Team is a close-knit group with a focus on patient care that provides continual learning opportunities. In this team, you will receive supervision and delegation from the Registered Nurse. We are looking for highly motivated and organized team players. Our PACU PCA Team will have excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills and work well with minimal supervision.
WHAT PERKS AND BENEFITS CAN YOU LOOK FORWARD TO?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings.
- Generous PTO program.
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement.
- Tremendous team support
WHAT SKILLS WOULD YOU USE?
- You will learn to effectively prepare and select supplies for surgical procedures
- You’ll work closely with the nursing team to provide direct patient care and complete accurate documentation in our internal system, MiChart.
- You will assist with laser operation during surgical procedures.
- You’ll transport patients to and from procedures and assist room preparation and patient positioning.
- You will prepare equipment and Operating Rooms for daily use.
- You will collaborate with our Supply Chain team to assure supplies and necessary equipment are available for surgical procedures.
- You will work both independently and as part of a larger team.
- Our Patient Care Assistants are deeply dynamic, flexible and dependable. We work with highly acute patients and are prepared to respond appropriately at all times.
Mission Statement Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together improve our contribution to society. Required Qualifications* WHAT MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS ARE REQUIRED?
- Graduation from high school is required.
- To set yourself apart from the pack, exemplify your determination to be a flexible team member passionate about the patient and willing to learn.
- Top candidates have graduated from a medical assistant program with certification (MA), associate degree, or an equivalent amount of education (college course work) and experience in an Operating Room, PACU/PreOp/Short Stay/Ambulatory Care environment or similar work experience.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical activities which include moving, transporting and positioning patients and equipment.
Work Schedule WORK HOURS
Day/Night Rotating shift, 40 hours a week. Rotating to nights 50% of appointment to meet the needs of the department. Start times range, mix of 8, 10, 12 hour shifts..
Background Screening Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses. Application Deadline Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering current employees only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external employees will begin approximately 30 days after the posting date.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.