Organizational Change, Communication Manager, Human Resources
Organizational Change and Communications Manager - Human Resources-2012310
The Office of Human Resources at Carnegie Mellon University is committed to supporting faculty and staff members' success through every stage of their employment at the university. We support the Carnegie Mellon 2025 strategic plan through driving efficient, effective, and nimble business practices to support the needs of an evolving university community. We recruit and retain outstanding people at all levels while cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion, and support for professional and personal development.
The HR team at CMU is embarking on a multi-year effort to improve systems, processes and services. Does the prospect of supporting groundbreaking change within an organization energize you? Do you have a record of accomplishment at the intersection of change management, communications, training, and execution of successful programs?
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Learning and Development, we are searching for an Organizational Change and Communications Manager. This is an exciting opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and challenging work environment. In this role, you will oversee the internal and external communications and change management strategies for the Office of Human Resources in support of wide-spread organizational change related to our systems, people, and processes.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all change and communications projects are in alignment with the strategic direction of the Office of Human Resources;
- Overseeing change management initiatives, developing and executing stakeholder assessment and engagement plans, as well as conducting and communicating change impact analysis plans;
- Partnering with core project teams on training, change management, and communication plans;
- Planning, crafting, and executing communication approaches that effectively reach dynamic campus-wide audiences;
- Supervising and delegating work of change management and communication professionals;
- Partnering with the training manager to ensure effective triage, management, and implementation of all learning and development unit assignments;
- Partnering with HR subject matter experts on the design, development, and coordination of communication packets to include web, print, and social media communications, systematic HR communication kits, and training materials; and
- Collaborating with leadership and key partners on alignment efforts with central marketing and communications.
- Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within Human Resources. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a dynamic population of partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Inclusive and collaborative leadership and team management skills;
- Strong executive presence and ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization including the ability to positively influence change;
- Capability to balance complex projects and tasks in a fast-paced setting;
- Ability to effectively communicate, in writing and verbally, a variety of messages to dynamic audiences;
- Strong social skills with proven success in building and maintaining effective working partnerships across all areas;
- Critical thinking skills to connect the dots, identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, arrive at conclusions, and suggest productive approaches to problems; and
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, effectively prioritize, self-manage, and tolerate ambiguity.
A bachelor’s degree in organizational communication, education, human resources, or a related discipline required; Master’s preferred.
Minimum three years of organizational change management, communication, organizational development, or training and development experience required; experience within a higher education HR environment, or a dynamic start-up HR environment highly desired.
- Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Department URL: https://www.cmu.edu/hr
Job Function: Human Resources / Payroll
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Budgeted Base Pay: negotiable