Principal Research Assistant, Neurology and Rehabilitation
The University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America’s top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America’s Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a “research heavyweight”. Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses. #HottestCollegeInAmerica.
UC is one of the largest employers in the Cincinnati region, employing over 15,000 full time and part time faculty, staff and student workers. The College of Medicine, Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation Medicine is recruiting for a full-time (100% FTE) Principal Research Assistant.
Organizes, executes and controls laboratory projects and research studies; serves as expert in most conventional aspects of experimental research studies of a particular discipline; manages laboratory projects and research studies.
- Organizes, executes, and controls laboratory projects and research studies;
- Serves as lead resource for dealing with challenging technical issues;
- Serves as mentor and technical credible role model to junior staff;
- May coordinate work of technicians and other support staff;
- Organizes and executes complex and varied experimental activities;
- Establishes test control, criteria and research standards;
- Develops set-up, verifies new procedures, and modified current experiments in the laboratory;
- Evaluates innovative techniques;
- Designs complex data processing systems to analyze research data;
- Researches project/study approach options and plans best course of action;
- Ensures timeliness and integrity of research;
- Serves as career professional.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor degree in related area of research or equivalent combination education/experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Master degree or Ph.D. with laboratory experience in Neurological testing.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.