Senior Business Data Reporting Analyst
The University of Cincinnati (UC) is a premiere research institution located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Founded in 1819 and celebrating its 200th anniversary, UC educates approximately 46,000 students across three campuses and online. For nearly 20 years, UC has delivered programs online and currently has several dozen distance learning programs serving nearly 6,000 students. Supporting these students is University of Cincinnati Online, an emergent unit of the university.
At University of Cincinnati Online (UC Online), we deliver a world-class experience for students seeking online flexibility and University of Cincinnati quality. From inquiry to graduation, we push the boundaries of what is possible and drive innovation in online education at the University of Cincinnati. With a student-centric approach and data-driven decision-making model, we support students through the online lifecycle of program discovery, program participation, and degree attainment. Our students realize their hope for a better future through real-life learning at an institution with a legacy of research, innovation, and accomplishment.
In fulfillment of this mission, UC Online invites candidates to the position of Business Data Analyst.
The Business Data Analyst (BDA) is responsible for a variety of data analysis activities within UC Online. The BDA will create reports and help identify insights that will influence marketing and recruiting strategies and tactics. This position requires a passion for data, for taking the complex and making it simple. This person will handle both the ambiguous, by helping find data to support new program development, and the defined, by crafting insights that change marketing tactics. Working across functions within UC Online and with other teams at UC, the BDA must also possess the ability to work well in a team and communicate complex information clearly, succinctly, and in plain language.
The BDA will be responsible for a number of projects initially, including:
- Researching and making recommendations for the ideal integrated data warehousing and reporting environment for UC Online,
- Developing and maintaining data structures to enable standardized and ad hoc reports/queries for functional users,
- Using data visualization to create reports for external partners to quickly assess the status of their programs,
- Working with the marketing, recruiting, retention, and business teams to develop reports, identify insights, analyze opportunities, and define metrics for success on a number of key areas, such as conversion rates, marketing campaign ROI, retention rates, program costing, KPIs in support of Next Lives Here, and enrollment, revenue, and expense projections,
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Position Information
This position will be based on University of Cincinnati's main campus (Clifton Area).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related degree with three (3) years of experience; OR an Associate’s degree with five (5) years of experience; OR a combination of relevant education and seven (7) years of experience.
- Experience should include reporting, ETL processing, and/or background in complex data analysis techniques.
Demonstrated experience transforming, analyzing, and presenting data from a variety of enterprise systems such as:
- SAP Business Warehouse
- Oracle OBIEE
- Hubspot and/or Salesforce
- Google Analytics
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.