Research Data Analyst
The Research Data Analyst will work as part of a multidisciplinary team leading HIV prevention and treatment-focused research studies in India. The analyst will be responsible for coordination and analysis of data from multiple studies of different design including cluster-randomized trials, cohort studies and cross-sectional surveys recruited using respondent-driven sampling (RDS). The position will primarily require data management and analysis collected from these research projects. However, it is also expected that the individual will participate in other aspects of project management as it relates to the data including assistance with protocol/survey development, IRB progress reports and study communications. The analyst interact with a data team in India that is primarily responsible for data collection and generation of summary reports. There will be opportunities for the analyst to lead analyses and manuscript development.
- Manage study databases for ongoing research efforts in India
- Oversee quality control procedures for data collection/analysis
- Provide weekly/monthly updates to study sites on study follow-up and other metrics of quality control
- Conduct statistical analyses of data collected from these projects to support project investigators
- Coordinate and contribute to manuscripts with guidance from project investigators
- Assist with study protocol development
- Organize and manage project materials
- Assist with questionnaire development and analysis of pilot data
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
- Three (3) years related experience.
- Additional education (Master's level) may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
- Demonstrated self-management
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, short deadlines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience with respondent-driven sampling (RDS) data analysis is desired but not required
Technical qualifications or specialized certifications:
- Knowledge of a statistical package (R and STATA preferred)
Starting Salary Range: $44,749 - $61,610 (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 05-MD:School of Public Health
Department name: 10001101-Epidemiology
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Public Health - East Baltimore Campus