Administrative Assistant, DAR Human Resources
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
The mission of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) Human Resources is to support DAR and the Penn Community as strategic HR partners providing resources and fostering development by utilizing our expertise while communicating confidentially.
The Development and Alumni Relations organization at the University of Pennsylvania is one of the premier development organizations in the world.
Penn’s Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) team members benefit from an exceptional work environment where professional excellence and individual pride in achievement are grounded in a strong institutional commitment to integrity and collegiality as we strive for collective success. For talented and innovative individuals, a career at the University of Pennsylvania offers the chance to be part of an exceptionally exciting environment at the nation’s first university.
We seek talented individuals who will constitute a community that draws on the strength that comes with a substantive institutional commitment to diversity. Diversity is prized at Penn as a central component of our mission and helps create an educational and working environment that best supports the University’s commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship.
Penn’s commitment to achieving eminence through diversity is ultimately a commitment to creating a more vibrant university so that our employees will be both stimulated and empowered to shape a better world. http://darrecruiting.upenn.edu/why-choose-penn/about-dar
Under limited supervision, responsible for providing administrative support to the Office of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) Human Resources especially in the areas of onboarding, recruitment, maintenance of HR records and files and general office support. The incumbent for this position is required to represent the office with professionalism and demonstrate sensitivity in the handling of confidential materials and information and to handle or redirect any human resource issues that arises in a timely manner. This position reports to the Associate Director of DAR Human Resources and works closely with other members of the DAR Human Resources team and the University’s Core HR team. This position also acts as supporting role to DAR staff by responding to inquiries.
New Hire Onboarding
- Act as first point of contact to new employees to gather information needed to begin on-boarding process;
- Activate DAR ticketing system for notifications
- Coordinate DAR New Employee Orientation sessions; Solicit and collect feedback from participants.
- Maintain email distribution lists
- Update Atlas ORG Chart with staff changes;
- Maintain job descriptions and PIQ’s on department shared drive in coordination with HR Coordinator
- Send out job posting emails to supervisors once an open position is posted in the Applicant Tracking System
- Post weekly-paid jobs to the Requisition Management system
- Maintain Recruitment website, ensuring all jobs featured are active and taking applications. Updating the featured job section as needed. Work with HR Coordinator to keep sight current and refreshed.
- Work with the DAR Human Resources team and DARMAX to create ideas and graphics for recruitment site email blasts.
- Send emails blasts to advertise open positions at Penn (2-3 times/year or as needed).
- Work with DAR supervisors in the placement of temporary workers. Place orders and add job postings to the AgileOne system, aid in coordinating interviews, and process the temporary worker’s weekly payroll. Process all PO’s through course of assignment including extension and terminations.
DAR Wellness Progam
- Assist DAR Human Resource Coordinator with DAR Living Program. Inclusive of establishing wellness events and sending eye catching invitations
- Conduct surveys to get feedback
- Assist HR Coordinator with the 4-month and 90-Day Intro appraisals
- Utilize concur/petty cash to pay expenses for events, conferences, etc.
- Process HR staff expense reports
- Maintain a record of expenses for the yearly budget; help reconcile actual expenses to budget with HR Director
- Process weekly-paid staff timesheets. Track compensatory time.
- Represent office with high-level degree of professionalism and customer service in carrying out all duties;
- In support of DAR Human Resource activities (staff of four), answer telephones, greet visitors, respond to inquiries, schedule meetings,file;
- Word process and proofread correspondence/documents ensuring accuracy and timely completion;
- Order and maintain office supplies for the 1st floor of FMC, including stationery, business cards, etc.;
- Staff events as needed during peak times of the year.
- Send out informational, eye catching, emails or event notifications on behalf of Director of DAR Human Resources.
- Assure discretion and sound judgment is demonstrated at all times as staff visit the office, and in the scheduling of appointments
High school graduate with 3 – 5 years related experience, preferably in human resources, or business office environment; demonstrated experience providing high-level customer service; ability to exercise sound judgment, sensitivity and discretion in handling of confidential information/materials is critical to this position; proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); capacity to learn new skills and software as needed; ability to operate office technology; excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; detail oriented; pleasant demeanor, and ability to represent the office in a professional manner; flexible and able to adapt to changing situations; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines; occasional lifting 25 lbs. or less; ability to staff events as needed (i.e., Alumni Weekend, Homecoming, etc.).
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.