Associate Director, Career Coach, Tepper School of Business
Associate Director, Career Coach - Tepper School of Business-2012452
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Tepper School of Business is among the world’s best business schools. U.S. News and Businessweek consistently rank the Tepper School’s MBA Program in the Top 20. The Masters Career Center (MCC) has been ranked among the world’s leading MBA Career Centers (#7 in The Economist and #11 in the Financial Times 2018 rankings).
- Are you passionate about helping graduate-level business students achieve their career goals? If so, the Tepper MCC is searching for an Associate Director.
- This is an exciting opportunity to leverage industry knowledge and experience to coach and advise Tepper MBA and MS students and alumni. In this role, you will work as part of a matrixed career services team and serve as a key Career Coach and advocate for students and alumni. You will provide world class services in support of our students’ success with top employers, with an emphasis on marketing and product management functions across a broad set of industries, including technology, healthcare, consumer goods and others.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Career Coaching: Provide career coaching and support to MBA and MS students engaged in career exploration, professional development, internship and job search preparation and execution.
- Employer Relations: Create new and grow existing relationships with employers to recruit MBA and MS talent from the Tepper School of Business.
- Program Management: Act as a committee lead or liaison to facilitate collaborative recruiting events, travel to meet with employers and join/lead student treks. Act as departmental liaison to external stakeholders.
- Project Management: Take lead responsibility for managing the development and execution of student orientation programs, workshops and other events to support students.
- Assessment and Reporting: Engage in tracking and reporting student employment outcomes following the MBA Career Services and Employer Alliance’s Standards. Use data to highlight outcomes, trends and make informed recommendations and decisions.
Additional core competencies include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, time management and planning skills.
- Multicultural and global competency.
- Demonstrated familiarity with business functions/industries commonly pursued by Tepper MBA students, including technology, healthcare, CPG, others.
- Advanced computer literacy and Microsoft Office expertise.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, database management/development, budget/forecasting and program development/management preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within a matrixed team environment.
- Adaptability, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Tepper MCC. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at Carnegie Mellon. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the University through their work.
- You should be able to travel both domestically and internationally and be willing to work outside of normal business hours as needed. The ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of individuals at all levels within the University and our external partner organizations is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience required, which can include corporate, higher education or a combination of relevant roles.
- Please visit “http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/why-cmu/” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- A listing of employee benefits is available at: http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Department URL: https://www.cmu.edu/tepper
Job Function: Administration / Management
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Organization: TEPPER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Minimum Education Level: None Specified
Budgeted Base Pay: negotiable