Manager, Retirement Administration, Office of Human Resources
Manager, Retirement Administration - Office of Human Resources-2012447
The foundation of Carnegie Mellon's success is the exceptional faculty and staff who work here. By bringing together a diverse group of people, we have benefited from the differing skill sets, experiences, perspectives and strengths that each person brings. In our collaborative and ambitious environment, we enable people to work together in exciting and productive new ways.
The mission of Retirement Administration is to provide guidance around our various savings plan offerings for faculty and staff members through strategic partnerships and teamwork.
Carnegie Mellon University’s (CMU) Office of Human Resources (OHR) is searching for a Manager, Retirement Administration. This is an exciting opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will provide critical support by delivering accurate administration of all domestic and international employee retirement programs offered by the University including but not limited to, the CMU Faculty and Staff Retirement Plan, the CMU 401(k) Plan, the CMU Deferred Compensation Plan, Qatar End of Service, Qatari Pension Plan, Australian superannuation, and workcover levy.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, providing direction and oversight to benefit specialists;
- Reviewing specialist’s day to day tasks to ensure accurate and timely completion of assigned duties;
- Documenting processes for staff to utilize daily to minimize errors as needed;
- Reviewing SPD's and other plan document provisions and making required changes to processes or updates due to modifications in benefit offerings or tax regulations in conjunction with the CHRO and the Total Compensation Committee; and
- Making recommendation for changes to the Total Compensation Committee when appropriate.
- Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the OHR. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a dynamic population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- A desire to improve processes;
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills;
- Strong organization and planning skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; and
- Dynamic social skills with an aptitude for engaging all customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of eight years of administration and management of Employer Retirement Plans. Experience with plans containing greater than 4,000 participants is preferred.
- Supervisory experience.
- Are you passionate about this exciting opportunity? Please apply today.
- Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Department URL: https://www.cmu.edu/hr
Job Function: Human Resources / Payroll
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Budgeted Base Pay: Negotiable