The primary function of the Program Manager is to manage research activities associated with the Department of Health Studies’ health-related research projects in particular childhood obesity. This position oversees both long-term planning and day-to-day activities of all research projects including activities to improve the health of individuals and decrease health disparities. Tasks include management planning for all grant activities such as hiring and training personnel, data collection and analysis, planning and implementing programming activities, and serving as a liaison to partner entities. The position supports the Principal Investigator in drafting and preparing necessary reports on project milestones and manages program budgets. This position supervises both full and part-time employees assigned to work on the projects.
This position is contingent on grant funding.
- This position reports directly to the Principal Investigator of the grants that support health-related research in the Department of Health Studies
- Reporting directly to this position are one full-time coordinator and part-time employees and graduate students assigned to work on related research grants
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Sr. Coordinator B
- Commensurate with experience
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 6 years of health or nutrition experience in a high-needs population
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and database (Access)
- Experience in working with low-income students and their families
- Strong organizational, management and leadership abilities
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet key tasks as scheduled
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with university staff and the general community
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in health, nutrition education, public health or related degree
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.