Admissions Data Analyst
This position is responsible for generating admissions data reports, conducting admissions and marketing data analyses, and developing and maintaining department-wide databases.
This position reports directly to the Associate Director/Business Analyst. This person will assist the Associate Director on all matters related to the Office of Enrollment's data systems, including Colleague, Recruit (Microsoft Dynamics CRM), MicroStrategy Business Intelligence and Datatel Recruiter.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Coordinator/Analyst B
- 44,000 to 47,000 (Annually)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Program of study in social science, analytics or closely related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Business Intelligence (BI) skills: the combination of data mining, research and analytical methods which supports the collection, integration, analysis, and presentation of business information to enable informed data-driven decision making
- Skill applying analytical methods, processes and techniques to conduct research and collect data; performing analysis, identifying trends, outliers and anomalies; evaluating findings, identifying advantages and disadvantages; extracting meaning and generating insights; drawing conclusions and developing recommendations and alternatives to solve business problems
- Skill using statistical software packages (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS, Minitab) to manipulate data and conduct advanced data analysis applying ANOVA, correlation, regression, cluster and/or factor analysis techniques
- Skill using relational databases and familiarity with transactional program languages, extract programs, and/or datamarts to query, mine, correlate, and analyze large-scale data sets
- Strong numerical, verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with competing deadlines
Preferred Education and Experience
- Marketing and/or admissions knowledge and experience
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.