Lecturer/Subject Controller in Technology
ICAS is a professional body for world class business men and women who work in the UK and around the world. Our members achieve the internationally recognised and respected CA qualification. We are an educator, examiner, regulator, and thought leader.
This is an exciting time for ICAS. With our ambitious new growth strategy, we are innovating for the future, providing the help and connections our members need to succeed, being a ‘big voice’ for the profession, and delivering consistently excellent services for our customers.
Underpinning these ambitions is our new purpose – Learn, grow and advance together. We’ve focused on and redefined who we are and what we do. We’re ready to meet the challenges, needs and opportunities tomorrow brings, for our members and with our members.
Education is at the core of ICAS. Our students are striving to become the next generation of CAs under the tutelage of our expert staff and members. In a fast-changing business environment – with the growing influence of artificial intelligence and data analytics – we are ensuring the content of the CA syllabus remains relevant.
Reporting to the Director (Programme Delivery) in our Learning team, the Lecturer/Subject Controller will lead the subject of Technology in the CA syllabus and take our Digital Associate project from concept to fully operational qualification.
- Subject control all technical content in areas related to technology, information, data and digital within the CA syllabus.
- Create and quality control learning material across all technology related subject matter.
- Develop online delivery materials.
- Teach across all subject areas in the CA and other qualifications launched in subject matter related to technology, information, data and digital.
- Create examination intellectual property to the quality standards set by the ICAS Examination Board and Panels at all levels of relevant qualifications.
- Manage and lead a team of colleagues throughout the UK in the delivery of consistent learning to the standards agreed by ICAS and in contracts.
- Propose creative opportunities for ICAS to achieve its growth objectives.
- Research, develop a proposition, test, gain approval for, and manage the implementation of the Digital Associate concept in partnership with other Learning organisations.
- Advise Learning team colleagues on the integration of technical subject matter in emerging technology.
- Collaborate on commercial and members’ development projects.
Post-graduate education, highly developed written and oral communication skills and demonstratable current expertise are essential. A professional qualification, experience in a Learning environment and demonstrable creative and innovative skills would also be highly desirable.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com together with a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role. The closing date for applications is 7th June 2019.
Please note that interviews for this role will take place shortly after the closing date.