This position will manage an assigned set of multiple outcomes research protocols to assure efficiency and regulatory compliance of the protocol for the Institute for Cancer Outcomes and Survivorship. To attend clinic and assist in the lab as needed. To compile, register and submit data. To monitor study compliance and maintain a system for effective data flow associated with research protocols. To meet, schedule and consents patients. To process specimens in accordance with standard protocols and record data for analysis as appropriate.
- Recruit and retain patients for outcomes research by working with collaborating institutions and accessing large data sets cross-referencing multiple data points to find eligible patients.
- Works with research staff at collaborating sites to insure study integrity. Helps to train and mentor new clinical research staff members. Works with collaborators and collaborating sites regarding any protocol changes.
- Plays an active role in outcomes research project management.
- Ensures protocol compliance with intense monitoring of specific study requirements. Performs data management and data analysis as required by the research study. Works on special data management projects as assigned. Assists in preparation and submission of publications, presentations, literature searches and reference databases.
- Collects and delivers specimens for analysis using appropriate or specified equipment. Schedules protocol related tests and performs protocol specific clinical duties as required per the research study and monitors the progress of study participants.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends in the field of outcomes research.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
(Hourly Rate $16.48 - $21.20)
Associate's degree in a science related field and two (2) years of related experience required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.