Medical Secretary, Transplant Scheduling
Coordinate and perform a variety of duties associated with appointment scheduling for clinic visits, studies, consults, and procedures. Typically serves as the primary scheduler for all transplant related evaluations, appointments and procedural studies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer and resolve all inbound inquiries and issues regarding complex evaluation itineraries and ensure accurate and timely notification of patient schedules to care team and patient. Identify correct patient in Maestro Care and (following department policy) update all information to accessible fields to include patient demographics, referring physician, and insurance, etc.
- Coordinate labs and procedures in accordance with physician preferences.
- Compose appointment/schedule notification letters for all new and return transplant patients that are scheduled.
- Analyze patient problems or issues presented by collecting information and data and conducting a thorough research of the Maestro Care Cadence scheduling application.
- Analyze patient problems or issues presented by collecting information and data and conducting a thorough research of the Maestro Care Cadence scheduling application. Analyze information for an appropriate solution and take the necessary action needed to resolve the issue. Follow through on all customer issues promptly and accurately until completion. Open work items include issues tracked via database and paper work files.
- Thoroughly update and document Maestro Care notes or comment fields with all information pertaining to an inquiry (i.e. questions, answers, actions, follow up items required). Communicate with the patient, physicians, internal departments and all other internal and external customers in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Identify trends in system problems, training or procedural concerns. Make recommendations and provide feedback regarding corrective and preventive action to the supervisor or manager. Track the problem to ensure the inquiry is completed.
- Adhere to all HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines. Work as a team member towards common goals.
- Accurate letter generation and envelope.
- Maintain confidentiality in all correspondence.
- Provide phones coverage for DTC incoming call to all programs, screening, providing information to routine questions, and directing to destination as out lined by standard.
- Provide appointment scheduling as requested.
- Cross coverage as needed to all programs in Transplant.
- Other duties as assigned by Service Access Manager.
Job Code 4527 MEDICAL SECRETARY
Requisition Number 401592811
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general educational background normally equivalent to a high school education. A minimum of an Associates Degree is strongly preferred.
Work requires two years of related medical clerical experience sufficient to acquire skills in transcribing medical terminology,office organization and communications. A completed medical secretarial program (nine months up to two years accredited program) may be substituted for equivalent experience. *An optional typing speed of 50 correct words per minute may be required.
Auto req ID