Business Development Manager
Closing date: 21/05/2019
Employment type: Permanent
This role is based in Malaysia/Singapore
About the Role:
The BDM/ Corporate Solutions Consultant will join our growing team and leverage their skills and experience to identify, develop and close potential client opportunities and generate new business. You will be responsible for managing all inbound corporate inquiries as well as developing your own outbound engagement strategy and activity for your region. You will strategically approach relevant companies and teams, identify the business and training needs that they have and recommend the most appropriate BPP training programme solution to meet their needs.
The successful candidate will need to be experienced in networking and developing new client relationships at senior levels, the person in this role will be the face of BPP in the Malaysian market and will need to position BPP as a global education and training partner.
In order to succeed in this role, the successful applicant needs to have a consultative approach to business and sales. They will be provided with all relevant BPP solutions trainings and will then need to use this knowledge to successfully turn their opportunities into new business. The BDM/Corporate Solutions Consultant will work in close collaboration work with the Director of International Education Solutions, Commercial Head APAC and the Group Commercial Director along with various teams across the business in order to get the breadth and depth of knowledge required to be successful.
The BDM/Corporate Solutions Consultant, will manage the full sales cycle including prospecting and lead generation, networking, pitching, writing proposals and presentations, contracting and commercial negotiations.
The BDM/Corporate Solutions Consultant will continue to share insights gained from clients and the market are shared across the wider BPP to help BPP develop solutions that are most relevant to meet the needs of the client.
- Align new business activity to BPP corporate strategy including local /region focus.
- Prepare and agree the business development strategy and tactical actions for the market
- Ensure annual individual KPIs and targets are achieved
- Establish and build senior relationships within clients, identify business opportunities and win new business.
- Internally and externally work cross functionally across complex organisation matrixes to build partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Influence without authority across multiple levels of the sales organization, and work to improve sales organizational understanding of key industry trends, the competitive landscape, and our differentiated depth of solutions
- Work with existing clients to identify and leverage wider opportunities.
- Work with the global BPP teams to support sales activity for global targets clients.
- Account management of new accounts and close collaboration with the UK Account Management team.
- Establish a network with strategic third parties, e.g. Associations and Institutes.
- Promote support and attend local networking activities
- Work with regional team and the marketing department to ensure activities to support client engagement are coordinated and integrated.
- Support the “One BPP” brand and “Never stand still” principles in all client activity.
- Ensure you are fully up to date with BPP programmes and solutions.
- Provide regular client feedback and competitor insight.
- Report on trends, developments, challenges and new opportunities.
- Support the launch of new initiatives and products.
- Report on targets and manage forecasting and budget.
- Maintain accurate reporting and sales forecasting within the CRM system
Knowledge and Experience required:
- A track record of winning new business in a B2B consultative sales environment.
- Presence and stature to establish credibility with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders including those within BPP.
- Motivation, passion and resilience together with a proven approach to building pipelines and securing new business.
- Ability to set strategic direction, and work with different teams to achieve common goals.
- Experience of writing tenders / presentations and dealing with contract negotiations.
- Familiar with account management best practices and supporting of new accounts
- Familiar with CRM tools and able to monitor and report individual financial performance.
- The successful candidate will be commercially astute, and have a logical approach
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, quick thinker and comfortable working alone as well as in a team setting.
- A self-motivated performance focused individual. Ambitious to succeed and determined to make it happen.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Extensive B2B Sales Experience
- Key Account, National Accounts Management, Contracting, and/or Segment Specific Industry Experience
- Competent with Microsoft Office, Salesforce CRM, CMS
- Financial and business acumen
- Effective and influential written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with lead generation / prospecting
- Ability to network and engage in strategic conversations with senior decision makers