Assistant Director of Reputation Management, Communications and Public Relations
Emory University's Central Office of Communications and Public Relations is seeking an Assistant Director of Reputation Management to join their growing team.
- Monitors and evaluates media/social media around-the-clock for news/potential issues related to and of interest to Emory University
- Manages real-time, daily, weekly and quarterly reports related to news coverage and topics of interest to Emory
- Conducts research and applies best practices in media monitoring and evaluation
- Monitors media/social media during times of controversy/crisis for the university; consults university leaders on communications strategy to manage issues/crisies
- Creates issues backgrounders and message platforms; supports issues/crisis communications management program
FORMAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluation of earned media and information of interest to the university.
- Manages real-time, daily, weekly and quarterly reports of news and information relating to Emory and issues of interest in higher education.
- Supports leader of reputation management function in research around issues and the external information environment.
- Must understand and have working knowledge of current content evaluation tools and techniques.
- Individual must understand evolving earned and social media platforms, how news media functions and have an intense curiosity for issues in higher education.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment where work may not adhere to a predictable schedule.
- Ability to understand, follow and interpret complex issues in higher education.
- Experience in news media, politics and government are a plus. Performs other related duties as required.
- A bachelor's degree in communications, public relations or related field,
- Three years of experience in professional experience journalism, communications and marketing, higher education, non-profit, or related environment, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
- Experience in Media Monitoring, Crisis Communication, Issues Management, and/or Horizon Scanning.