Lecturer in Neurorehabilitation
SCHOOL OF PHYSIOTHERAPY
Who we are
The University of Otago is one of New Zealand's largest and most research-intensive universities. With its establishment in 1913, the Otago School of Physiotherapy became one of the very first specialised Physiotherapy Schools in the World. We are proud of our heritage and our reputation as leaders in physiotherapy education and research.
Our focus is primarily on the assessment, treatment, and prevention of physical dysfunction, and in the promotion of health for people of all ages. Our specialist clinics in Dunedin and Christchurch also provide comprehensive, quality education and clinical care.
Research and knowledge transfer are key elements of the School's activities managed through our dedicated Centre for Health, Activity, and Rehabilitation Research or CHARR.
At the University of Otago School of Physiotherapy we are dedicated to excellence in teaching, research, and practice.
We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer in the area of Neurorehabilitation. In this exciting role you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the research activities of the School, through publication in high quality peer-reviewed journals, obtaining external funding support, and supervising research students.
- Teaching into the undergraduate and postgraduate neurorehabilitation physiotherapy papers, including co-ordination of teaching, development of teaching materials and assessment of student performance.
- Actively assisting in the growth and development of the neurorehabilitation physiotherapy curriculum and its integration with other areas of physiotherapy practice.
Your skills and experience
- You must be a physiotherapist eligible for registration in New Zealand, with relevant neuromuscular experience.
- Teaching or clinical supervision experience, particularly in neurorehabilitation.
- Hold a doctoral degree.
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate is also a must.
This is a part-time (0.6 FTE), permanent (confirmation path) position.
Note: As a part-time position, the salary range for this role will be the pro-rata equivalent of the annual full-time salary range listed.
The University of Otago is well-known for its collegiality and combined with living in the vibrant city of Dunedin provides opportunities for an excellent work-life balance. The Dunedin campus is ranked as one of the top 15 most beautiful in the world. The city has affordable living, excellent schools, and a great array of activities, ranging from Art and Literature to outdoor activities.
This is a unique opportunity for an energetic, creative and committed individual to make a significant impression and contribution in their chosen discipline while being well supported by a collegial and dynamic Department and University.
Applications quoting reference number 1901000 will close on Sunday, 2 June 2019.
To see a full job description and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1901000&lang=en
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.