University Teacher of the Sociology of Culture
Member: University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Type of contract: permanent
Conditions for the position:
- Required education/level and field: doctoral degree (PhD) in the field of Sociology of Culture;
- Academic title of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in the field of the Sociology of Culture or an academic title of another institution, under the condition that this title can be recognized in the process of recognizing at the University of Ljubljana; or the title of guest professor at the University of Ljubljana; or the fulfilment of the conditions for obtaining the “habilitation” of university teacher (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor in the field of the Sociology of Culture. In this case, together with the application, it is necessary to submit proofs of compliance with the quantitative and qualitative criteria for the election to the academic title or for recognition of the title in accordance with the criteria. The candidate must also enclose a statement that he/she agrees that in the event of a positive decision of the selection board, his/her application is also considered as an application for his/her election to the title or for recognition of the title. The title must be obtained before the signing of the employment contract;
- Fluency of the English language and the Slovenian language Level B2 - in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) – of the Slovene language is required. If the requirement is not met, in case of favourable decision by the selection board, the candidate has to comply with the condition within three years after the beginning of employment;
- Teaching and scientific-research experience in the field of sociology of culture, that is, in the field of theoretical and empirical sociological analysis of cultural practices. Candidates are expected to display broad theoretical knowledge and productivity in the field of sociology of culture, which is the basis for developing the general theoretical field of sociology of culture and for research in the fields of various special sociologies of culture. Candidates are also expected to demonstrate competence and references in one or more specific sociologies of culture
- Rhetorical skills, innovativeness, ability to organize one’s own work;
- Ability to lead groups and active work with students.
Priority will be given to candidates who are established internationally through publication and performances abroad.
- Forming and updating the syllabi and adjusting university and higher education programmes according to the requirements;
- Organizing and co-organizing all activities for the realization of the course in accordance with the syllabi and expert findings; coordination of work and supervising other teachers (assistants, technical and other co-workers) of the same course;
- Teaching, i.e. lecturing, managing seminars and other pedagogical activities of the course at undergraduate and post-graduate levels,
- Managing, evaluating and correcting exams and tests;
- Directing research work, directing the study activities of students and supervising students’ seminars, MA and PhD theses, and other works,
- Acquisition, implementation and guiding of international research projects;
- Scientific-research, study and development of concepts, theories and methods.
Job starting date: October 1st, 2019
Application deadline: July 5th, 2019
Attachments to be enclosed:
- CV with a description of previous work experience;
- Education and academic title;
- References from the relevant fields;
- Functional skills.
The University of Ljubljana promotes gender equality in employment and work.
Ms. Ivanka Repinc, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Telephone number: 00386 (0)1 241 1028